Sunday, November 9, 2014

C4T #3 Summary

C4T#3 Post#1

happy halloween picture
I was assigned Ms. Vierstra's blog for C4T#3 Post #1. Her blog post was about different educational activities to do during Halloween. I enjoyed all of her suggestions. One of the suggestions were to compare and contrast different versions of the same Halloween story. This activity helps with reading and writing skills. Ms. Vierstra explained how she had her students make costumes based off of characters out of a book they were reading. One of her quiet students excelled at this activity because she wants to design clothes one day. All of the students enjoyed her presentation. Here is my comment: Hey Ms. Vierstra, My name is Felicia Grantham. I'm a student at the University of South Alabama studying to be an elementary school teacher. I really enjoyed reading your post. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I'm very into decorating and doing crafts with children, so I can't wait to have a class to teach during Halloween. Thank you for all of the different sources you mentioned in your post. Those will be very handy to me in college, as well as after I graduate. I'm looking forward to reading more posts.

C4T#3 Comment#2

picture of six buckets
I was assigned Ms. Wessling's blog for C4T#3 Post#2. Ms. Wessling wrote about "Skinnying" the standards. She sorted out lots of common core standards into six buckets that she keeps in her classroom, each bucket has a different category. The students in her class really seem to enjoy this technique she has, and a few of them even said that they did believe it helps them. She includes a very inspiring video in her blog post that explains it all. Here is my comment: Ms. Wessling, Hey! My name is Felicia. I'm a student at The University of South Alabama studying Elementary Education. I really enjoyed your blog post and video. I am very inspired by your idea. I love how you took control of these common core standards to better your students' education. Teachers like you are who inspires me to be the best teacher I can be. Thank you so much for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment