Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Post 1


What are things (if any) you have heard about EDM310? Luckily, my sister has taken this class before and is helping me prepare for what is in store for me in EDM310. I have heard several things about this course, both negative and positive. I have been told that it is a huge workload to take on per week, but worth it in the end, because you learn so many things that are relevant to this major.

What fears (if any) do you have about EDM310? I am not very tech-savy, and this course is completely revolved around just
that. Also, I am a "paper person", as in, I like to have stuff printed and sitting in front of me to help me feel organized; this class has a "no paper in, no paper out" policy, and it is a little intimidating.


Compare and Contrast EDM310 with other courses you have taken in college or high-school. In EDM310, you are encouraged to be an independent learner. This class encourages you to critically think and problem-solve in various situations. With some of my other classes, memorization was the key to passing. To be honest, in several of those classes, I did not learn anything. I want to encourage critical thinking in my classroom so I am glad that EDM310 allows you to experience this learning style first-hand.

What do you think will be the most difficult thing for you in EDM310? This question is kind of like my fears that I talked about previously. I am mostly scared of the technology use, in general, and I am hoping that I learn a lot beacause truly, I need it.

What is the best way for you to address this "most difficult" aspect of EDM310? I am going to participate in this class with an open mind and encourage myself to not only do what is required of me, but to truly gain knowledge of how technology is used in the classroom, or in the world altogether.

What questions do you still have about EDM310? What ideas do you have about how to address those questions? Am I ever going to understand how to do all of this? My best option is to follow directions carefully, and to not lose patience. If I do not know how to do something, I will just have to find out how to do it. Will this class help me be a better educator? Like I said before, when doing my required assignments, I need to actually gain knowledge on how to do these things, so I can be someone that is able to pass it on, and use it correctly.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Know that myself, along with the other lab assistants are here to help if you have ANY questions or concerns. Do not hesitate to contact us. Be sure to include ALT/TITLE tag modifiers with your pictures, instructions on how to do so are located in the quality blog post document.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll make sure I fix that problem.

      Delete
  2. I definitely understand you're feelings about this class. Like you I am also not very tech savy and I'm more comfortable having most of my things on paper. I have always been able to use a computer just not on the same level as we will for this class. I'm sure if we both stay focused and do all of the assignments on time we will be fine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I am glad to know I am not alone. Good luck to you as well. I think we will both do fine.

      Delete