Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blog Post 5

I am learning a lot about what a PLN or Personal Learning Network is. My instructor, Dr. Strange said "Your personal learning network is the set of people and tools that you can call upon for help, consultation, collaboration or other assistance."

picture of personal learning network
My personal learning network is just beginning. There are so many different ways to grow your PLN. Some of the most popular ways to do so is through Facebook, Twitter, Youtube videos, and blogs. I have always used Facebook and Youtube, but it was always for my own entertainment. I never thought that I had so much information about learning and teaching right at my finger tips. Using Twitter and creating my blog was new to me, and I was very uneasy about both. Now I know that all of these sights are a very good tool to have to create a good PLN. I can see myself using these tools in the future to better my education about teaching and collaborating with others. Having a PLN helps you reach out to other people for help and ideas on different things you are trying to accomplish. One day, as a teacher, you might want project ideas for science and you want to try something fun, new and interesting for the students. By looking on blogs, Facebook pages, Twitter and Youtube channels you can get ideas from different teachers around the world that are doing similar projects and collaborate with them during the process.

I am excited to experience new things about teaching and even more excited about growing my own PLN. Here are two website suggestions that are best for keeping track of your PLN.

Symbaloo

Netvibes

No comments:

Post a Comment