Sunday, September 14, 2014

C4T #1 Comment Summary Post

c 4 t picture
C4T#1 Comment#1

I was assigned Ms. Edna Sackson's Blog, What Ed Said for my C4T#1

The first post I read was titled 10 Alternatives To Goal Setting This post was about how we should ask our students different questions about what they want and need to learn, other than just asking them to write down their goals. I learned that we should ask questions that will promote valuable reflection such as: How do you learn best? What are you fascinated by? What do you wish you could change? Here is the comment I left... Ms. Sackson, I really enjoyed reading your post. I am a junior at The University of South Alabama studying Elementary Education. This post has made me think a lot about my approach to teaching my future students. I am enthusiastically learning about new ways to teach, and I loved your suggestive questions to ask the students instead of having them write down specific goals. As a future educator, I hope to one day have the creativity and know-how to make my students better learners, and prepare them for this diverse world.

picture of a heart
C4T#1 Comment#2

The second post I read was titled 10 Ways To Make Meetings (and Lessons) Meaningful This post was about how we need to always make sure we plan out our lessons and make sure they always have meaningful and valuable information that will make the children's mind expand and grow. Here is the comment I left... Hello Ms. Sackson, Thanks for another helpful blog post. I am starting to see the importance of having a great lesson plan and being ready for when learning takes us in a new direction. All of the questions that were asked are things that I need to know more about and I will more than likely be reading the book you mentioned. It’s great that teaching is leaning more towards problem solving and thinking about a situation, other than having a huge work load to deal with. It definitely was not like that when I was a child in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment