Sunday, September 14, 2014

Project #15 Search Engines

WolframAlpha
Wolfram Alpha logo
What I really like about WolframAlpha is that it will help you solve math problems. I wish I would have known about this search engine sooner and I am so glad we were informed about it. I will definitely be learning a lot about it. I also like that it does not produce a long list of options for you to choose from after you have pressed 'search'.

Food.com ... Home of the Home Cook
food.com logo
If you like food and enjoy trying and cooking different things, this is the search engine to use for all of your food questions. This search engine is very helpful, especially for busy moms with families. It has 475,000 recipes available for you to try. No matter what you're craving, or if you're feeling adventurous to try something new, Food.com is the way to go!

YouTube
youtube logo
Youtube is one of my favorite search engines and can be used for almost anything! I have used it for guides to do math work, and for videos in History or science. I have helped my niece make her "Little Pet Shop" Videos, and helped her share them to Facebook and other cites for her friends to see. I search music videos on YouTube, it is also a great way to find older music that you may not find else where. Last but not least, I will admit that I use YouTube almost every night when I sleep. I search for 'rain sounds', put in my headphones and I am out like a baby.

Sportoos
sportoos logo
Sportoos is a great search engine for sports. It keeps you from having to scroll through useless information to get to what you want to read about a certain team, player or sport. I have never used Sportoos until recently and I have shared this sight with some friends. I'm not much of a sports person, but I'm trying to learn about new things.

Yahoo
yahoo logo
Yahoo is a search engine that will give you great ideas on different questions you need to know. If you search a question, it gives you comments from different people with different opinions about the topic. I have used it a lot in the past. Yahoo is much like Google when it comes to keywords and lots of random search results. Yahoo is great for news, videos and music as well.

Pinterest
pinterest logo
I love Pinterest! Pinterest is a very useful search engine when it comes to Do It Yourself (DIY) projects, arts and crafts, style, and lots of other things. As a future educator, I could see my self using this a lot for ideas for my classroom and for different activities to do with students. This search engine can be used for educational purposes as well as entertainment and hobbies.

AskJeeves
 ask jeeves logo
AskJeeves can be useful when you're wanting to ask direct questions. Most search engines don't give you direct answers like AskJeeves will. However, just like lots of other sights on the internet, you must be careful and not believe everything you read because sometimes it may point you in the wrong direction due to misunderstanding. Anyone can post anything they want to.



iSeek Education
i seek logo
iSeek Education is a targeted search engine for students, teachers, administrators, and caregivers. This search engine has thousands of trusted resources from governments and universities. You get access to things like activities and lesson plans. This is a sight that will be very helpful for the rest of my college years, and after as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment